Amethyst flask/vase/bottle with clover-like pressed pattern and 7-point floral/sunburst base mark

edited May 2012 in Question and Answer
I'm trying to learn the history of this piece and assess its value. Anyone know anything? If not, could you point me in the right direction for learning more? Thanks much!

Karen

Comments

• Hi Karen - the file name of the first image includes the word "Sweedish" - do you know this to be of Sweedish origin?

It is a hand blown bottle of quality, blown into a mold, but is likely earlier 20th century. My first thought was Clevenger Brothers of New Jersey, but a quick check to Tom Haunton's definitive book on Clevenger glass did not yield a match.
  • I named it that as I believe it's been passed down from my great-grandparents, who were Swedish immigrant farmers in Minnesota. Seems someone in the family told me the quatrefoil design is Swedish. Upon investigating its origins, I too thought it might be Clevenger, but could not find a match. How do you know it's of "quality"? And that it was blown into a mold? (the pontif mark?) And what makes you say earlier 20th century? Thanks for the input!