Baltimore glass flask

This flask has a dancing soldier on one side and a banjo playing soldier on the other. It has an open pontil. Looking for the age and value.

Comments

• Is there someone on this discussion board that will answer the questions in threads? I see a bunch of posts with views and no comments but questions being asked. Thanks

• Nice flask, did you dig this??!

• I’m did recover it yes

• It is not often that one digs up a historical flask - this is a Baltimore area glassworks product from the mid 19th century. It is known in the McKearin flask list as a GXIII-8 (Group 13, Number 8)

Condition is absolutely everything to value. Hard to see cracks or fissures, bruises, flakes all whittle away. Staining in the glass also detracts. For this mold, the clarity of the impression is also important - it seems that the banjo player side is a bit weak. A value of a few hundred dollars is a rough guideline

• Thank you for taking a look. I would love to have you look at it in person. Not sure pictures will ever do it justice for any kind of value. It has been near impossible to find any other examples of this time period flask for reference on production year and value. All others seem to have an applied lip or something different that age them to be a newer version of this. Although it is dirty, the flask itself is nearly flawless.