wanting confirmation of the age and value of my bottle

bought this bottle at a garage sale for $1. believe its black glass from the 1700's from examining the imperfections and researching online. a lot of the details can be seen in the photos but would be awesome to know exactly its story and history. definitely an old bottle. its very noticeable when first looking at it, the color is unique with a dull finish to it and a brownish black color. has been washed numerous times and the white stuff inside will not come off. looks almost like plaque on someone's teeth to be honest. the neck is not straight, it has a slight curve to it as well as the brim.

Comments

• Your black glass ale bottle is not quite as old as you suggest. It may be a 3-piece mold, if so it places its age in the middle of the 19th century. The double collar lip also suggests a later date. It is less common to see these with open pontil marks such as this one....it may suggest American made.

The bottle has heavy etching from living underwater for quite some time, likely in the ocean. That etching or staining is the result of some portion of the glass leaching out so it is not going to wash away. Accept it as it is.

Thanks for posting all the photos - I removed the zip file and added what I thought were the two most detail-revealing pictures