Millers Peanut Butter - old peanut butter jar

I am from the Detroit MI area, So when I came across this at a garage sale, I HAD to have it! It is an antique ball jar with the lid. But the label is what has me crazy! It says " Millers delicious PEANUT BUTTER net wt 2lb." Then on the bottom of the label it says "MILLERS PEANUT PRODUCTS, INC Detroit Mich"
I have been researching and researching and I can not for the life of me find any information on this company??!!
How much would something like this be worth? Although I don't think I would sell it.
Any Information would be great, perhaps ideas on how to find out more about this company?
Thank you!
jar.jpg 36.2K

Comments

• Consider that the peanuts used to make this product were probably grown in the southeastern US and shipped to Detroit. Miller was just a small company grinding nuts and packaging.

There are thousands if not tens of thousands of small companies like this for which so little is known. Researchers start with city directories, phone books, etc. then look for advertisements and printed materials. The internet may be a huge source of world knowledge but it still has BIG gaps.
  • Thank You so very much!