Remainder of my black glass collection

Hi, I am new to this forum, I bought my first 1700s black glass bottle was purchased from historic glass house. It was a late 1700s cylinder type second from the left in the group photo. Purchased from your website many years ago.

It’s time to let go of the remainder of my collection which are seven bottles 2- 1700s case gins from the Cosbert collection, 2-Free blown cylinder type 1700s, I can’t remember if it’s German or French, but it’s a free blown cylinder type with long stretch neck, lovely Dutch onion from the Cosbert collection, and in my opinion, the star of the show is the most excellent pancake onion example I purchased privately from a person in Philadelphia. It is particularly crude and beautiful. This bottle is absolutely gorgeous. Last pancake onion I sold on eBay went for over $700. It was not as nice as this one.

Lovely bluish slag pontil on the pancake onion. There are some period nips on the string lip

Pontils of cylinders

Gins pontils

The onions

Again, I would like to sell them please appraise. I will not ship, but I am in lower Westchester. I believe you guys are in Connecticut. I sold black glass bottles before I have an idea of their value don’t want to bother with eBay and shipping, etc.. Please advise.

Thank you!!

Andy

Comments

• Hello. I'm not sure how old this post is, but I'm very interested in purchasing some of your glass . Stephen

stephenfox911@gmail.com

• Hi Andy - very nice pancake onion.. I was in Connecticut for a time, but have lived in New Hampshire for quite a while. If you don't want to deal with shipping you might consider taking them up to the Hudson Valley bottle show in August which is in Poughkeepsie

Chris

• Thank you for replying Chris. Yeah, maybe when I bought that cylinder from you, you were in New Hampshire then I don’t know why I thought of Connecticut was a long time ago like 1999 or 2000 when I made the purchase.

Thanks for the advice maybe I will do that. Check out the bottle show. I have so many blob top bottles I found over the years also I would like to sell other odds and ends from the 1800s. I really do want to avoid shipping just because finding boxes, Buying bubble wrap and hoping it doesn’t get destroyed on the way to where it’s got to go. I live in the tri-state area so I must be bottle collectors in driving distance to where I live.

although I’m only 57 I still don’t want to wait till I’m old old to get rid of these. I don’t want my family to have to deal with it or not know what they are and get rid of them…. they’re historic pieces.