Continental Liquor Bottle

Any idea what this bottle is from Continental Distilling Corp Philadelphia PA? Any idea on its value? I can’t seem to find this one online thanks!

Comments

• edited June 16

Can you post a picture of the bottom? I've only recently started getting into bottles since I dug some up in my yard, so I'm not an expert, but this is what I've learned in the last few months:

The bottle has "Federal law forbids..." stamped on it so that means this is a liquor bottle, definitely no older than 1935 and unlikely to be much later than 1964 (source). Legally there have to be at three sets of numbers on the bottom, or on the rim of the bottom (the "heel"). You can find a good description of how this works here but as a quick summary, there will be:

• A number, likely two digits, indicating the manufacturer of the bottle. This is typically on the left side.
    • A number indicating the year the bottle was made, usually two but sometimes only one digit on very old bottles from the 1930s and early 40s. This is typically on the right side.
    • R or D followed by a number, probably three digits. This is the permit number for the rectifier (R) or distiller (D) the bottle was intended for (basically whoever filled the bottle).

There's probably a logo for the bottle manufacturer on there as well, either on the bottom or somewhere along the heel.