Weird little bottle.

Hello, I'm not completely new to antique bottles, started when I was a young girl and would go privy and stone wall digging with my brother many years ago, although I haven't done that in such a long time (no privies left here in MA.). I have had this OP hand blown swirled ribbed bottle for a long time. It wasn't dug, probably picked up in my travels through the years. I think it may be a somewhat modern repro but I am not entirely sure. It's bulbous and is 4+1/4" high. Has good wear 'feels' like old glass, if you know what I mean, but still on the fence so I've kept it in my window with some of my antique ones. It's a very light green, almost a citron yellow (not aqua). Thanks for any info or thoughts on this piece.

Comments

• Thanks for posting. I believe your instincts are correct - this is a modern piece. There is quite a bit of freeblown glass out there made to look old. Some Mexican made, some European and more recently even Chinese made.

The Mexican made glass with all its bubbles can be quite deceiving, and it has been made for quite some time. I recall buying a few pieces as a beginning collector back in the 1970s.