Information on J.L.Glogers Royal Scalp and Mange Remedy Bottle

Good morning!

I am looking for any information about an old bottle I have. This rectangle bottle is 6 7/8" tall x 2 3/8" x 1 5/8" and is brown is color. The bottle has raised lettering on three sides and two small dots on the bottom. The two seams on the bottle start at the bottom and then fade out at the of the beginning of the neck.

The raised lettering is as follows:

J.L. GLOGERS ROYAL SCALP AND MANGE REMEDY, THE LA FRANCE CHEMICAL CO and CLEVELAND, OHIO

Please see photos below.

I found this bottle in the 1970's in Boulder CO. USA

Thanks to all.

Comments

• Thanks for posting these great photos. Let's begin with the obvious - this is a copycat product of the very popular GLOVER'S IMPERIAL MANGE CURE / REMEDY. See http://www.hairraisingstories.com/Products/GLOVER_IMM.html

Don Fadely reports that the Glover bottle was in production from (roughly) 1919 to 1942. I assume your bottle is of that same era and is also likely machine made (ABM) He also mentions there are colorful replicas of this bottles made in the 1960s or 70s.

I know the Glover bottles are very common - however, I have no idea how frequently your GLOGER bottle turns up.

• Chris,

Thank you for the quick response and the great information.

Steven