ok, here's one for you. 1968 bottle, what is it? kindda reminds me of a coffee mate creamer bottle.

the numbers on the bottom of the bottle are arranged like this.
l-719
r-105
160 68

Comments

• I actually found this site by researching the R-105 on the bottom of my old bottle. I have a decanter bottle w/ glass stopper and federal warning on bottom. Wish I knew something to help us- maybe someone else can. Here's pics of mine. The coke is just for size comparison. I've seen the 'R-' on several of my g'dad's bottles but can't find anything on this being the bottle manufacture or glass company.
  • I just found the page with the link which tells about the R and the D marks on bottles - I'M REALLY CONFUSED NOW lol wow that's alot of info
  • Hi Lucy, Welcome to the forum and thanks for your recent contributions!

Here is a link for the benefit of others - to my Federal Law Forbids... page.

The "R" on your decanter stands for "Rectifier" which is a company which blended /bottled liquor into consumer bottles from bulk containers. A "D" - for distiller - was the manufacturer who actually produced the spirits. One would think that some distillers also bottled as well - I have no idea how that case was handled.

Note that the original bottle in this thread does not have FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS...embossing so the R in that context probably does not mean the same thing.

Unfortunately, there is no comprehensive information source for all the base markings of 20th century bottles. As you might expect, each manufacturer marked things in their own way.
  • I have updated my FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS page - be sure to read all the way to the bottom since I added material after the photos.

Your clear decanter above was made in 1956.