Old Hutchinson BlobTop

buffalobills2012 Hello, Mike Lee here. I found a bottle a few weeks ago. It's a hutchinson Style, Clear/Green looking Cork Bottle. Embossed on front, Joseph C Knorr Bottler Wilkes-Barre Pa. The J in Joseph is inverted for some reason. Info I'm seeking,,, How Old is it? Is it worth anything? Any help will be much appreciated. Thank Ya Much.

Comments

• Hi Mike, welcome to the forum

Charles Hutchinson got the patent for his stopper design in 1879 - your bottle dates to the 1880s or 1890s.

Yes, "hutch sodas" are highly collectible. Collectors pay the most for non-aqua examples which are fairly scarce. Many collect by state or region as well. Those from Alaska or Rhode Island or Western territories are rare as hen's teeth...

A general range for a typical aqua hutch soda would be $15 to 30 range. Keep in mind there are exceptions to every rule - I am not sure if this particular bottler's bottles are rare or not, or if there are 2 or 3 collectors that just happen to be chasing this one...variables like that can drive up the price.
  • Thank you much. How bout the inverted J in Joseph,,, what's that mean?
  • Mold error - they do occur - I do not want to say they are common, but you do see plenty of bottles with mistakes like this.
  • k, thank ya muck
  • much,,, damn fingers