Small Blue Bottle - Anchor symbol, 1059 and 05

While mustering at a cattle station i stopped and found this bottle in a dried up creek bed, its small about 8 cm in height and 5 cm wide, apart from the top which it approx 3.5cm wide. The only writing is on the bottom and it is an anchor with a rope around it.. i think, and the numbers 1059 and 05 on either side. Where is it from and how old is it?

Comments

• is there any seems on it.
  • seems?, idk. But its slightly out of shape, and part of the bottom is thicker than the other, its not totally symmetrical it only has a rim at the top, but im guessing it was for a glass top because it doesn't seem a lid could screw or fit on, it warped. Im not near it at this time to look at it but i will have to have a closer look and keep you updated
  • Answering questions on this forum can be a challenge, esp. when key information is omitted. In this case, "mustering at a cattle station" did not suggest a location in the western US. I checked your IP address for the post and see that you are in Australia.

The large numbers on the base of the bottle say UK origin to me - although I must admit that my knowledge of UK and AU bottles is not up to that of the US. I can tell you that both Arthur Peterson's book on bottle markings and Toulouse's book mention an Anchor Glass Company in Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania. However, Peterson, says this mark was used on labels.

There is also a brief mention of an Anchor Glass Co. in London - the mark shown is similar in size and detail but not exactly the same.

--

Age-wise, this is a later 19th century bottle.

--

I believe @jericho was referring to mold seams - likely the seam goes up the body but not all the way up the neck.