I can't seem to find anything about Mexican Mustang Liniment, or the value of them...

It's a round bottle, about 9 in. in height; it has a aqua tint to it. and a cork opening...
On the front it has Mexican Mustang Liniment embossed in skinny bold lettering, and on the back of the bottle it has Lyon MFG, Co. ; Brooklyn, N.Y. On the bottom, it has nothing..

I know, I couldn't that great of pics...

Comments

• Hi
    Welcome to the forum. Your photos are fine -it is helpful that you have captured all the embossing.

This product is every bit marketing genius - imagine selling bottles of oil, kerosene, turpentine and ammonia and packaging it with a name that evokes the wildness and intrigue of the west. If John Wayne were alive back then, he probably would have been a spokesperson.

The company was in business for many years - probably more than 50 - since one finds bottles bearing pontil scars (mid 19th century) right on up to screw top bottles of the 20th century. I am attaching a photo I found on an ebayimage auction that shows four labeled bottles.

Yours I believe is a bit different in its embossing, although I am fairly sure that is not going to make a big deal value-wise. I think you will find that auctions for most Mexican Mustang bottles are closing in the $5-15 range.
  • Photo of labeled bottles and a trade card for the company.
  • Thank you so much for answering me on the bottle questions....

I laughed at the values... xD but in all due respect, thank you very much... =]