cant find out anything on this bottle...HELP!!

edited March 2012 in Question and Answer
I found this aqua green bottle. From what I've checked on so far. It looks to be between 1880 and 1920. As the two mold seems only go to the base of the mouth. I don't know much about glass bottle but it looks old to me. It is 6 1/2 inches tall. 10 inches round. And has a 1 3/4 inch mouth. It has A Watkins on the bottom base. It was found in central pa. Can anyone please help me find out what kind of bottle this may be. Would like to know about what or who A Watkins may be. A approx value would help also. Thank u. TTag

Comments

• I believe this was used for a food product (based on its shape) and that late 19th century is correct date-wise.

If it were not for the "A," I would say this was a product of the JR Watkins company which has been around long enough (and still is in business) but the "JR" is short for Joseph R... so the mystery continues.

I do not find an A. Watkins mentioned in Ketchups, Pickles and Sauces nor is the mark mentioned in either of my two manufacturer references.
  • Thank you for your information. If I find out anything else I ll post it. It may be help to you down the road on something