Russian? Polish? Set of 8 druggist bottles. Are these worth more than my love for them?

edited February 2012 in Question and Answer
There are 8 bottles. They very in color from light yellow to very dark amber. All are rectangular unless specified. 2 are 6 3/4 tall with the ground glass stoppers. The fat one has a hollow stopper. 6 1/2. 2 are 4 3/4, one is light yellow and square. ( Both the square ones are light yellow, and have a sort of oval around the shoulder benieth the seam) all have seams that stop at the shoulder. 2 3/4, 2 15/16, and 2 7/8 square and light yellow I am trying to attach a file. These pictures should answer any question. Single collar, smooth bases, but maybe with a mold mark or at least embossed with the amount of grams the bottle would hold. There is no damage to any of them. The labels included formaldehyde, that I could make out. If someone has seen these or would venture to put a value on them for me... I'd be obliged.

Comments

• There is definitely a market for apothecary / pharmacy bottles but to me it is mostly for the label under glass examples. My gut reaction would be something like $20 to $40 for the set of 8.

I might suggest you spend a bit of time browsing around the apothecary bottle categoryimage on ebay to get some ideas. If you login and browse completed auctions, you can see what others have been paying for similar bottles.

HTH
  • Thankyou for your concideration, and your time.