Orange Crush Bottle: I CAN'T FIND ANY INFO ON THIS ONE!!!

edited January 2012 in Question and Answer
I've got a "PAT'D JULY 20 1920 ORANGE CRUSH CO. BOTTLE". It is the same on the front and the back. It doesn't have the fl. oz. on either side, nor does it have the Mr. Crushy symbol on either side. It does however hold 8 oz. (having measured w/ measuring cup) and has an upper-case "L" on the bottom side where the usual bottling co. name would be. Please help?!!

Comments

• It is likely that there are 10s of thousands of soda bottles from this era, and they are not well documented.

I can say that collectors of soda bottles from this time period tend to go after those that have fancy graphics or embossing. The Plain Janes do not command much attention and thus there is not a whole lot of info. to be found.

The one place you might research is the patent records. This can be tedious but rewarding. The patent could be for design or any number of things and it was probably filed under a person's name not the company. Your best bet is to search for something like "bottle design" during that time period.

AND...finally....

POST A PHOTO!