Can anybody tell me anything about this bottle? (pictures included)

Hi, I recently found a bottle I'd like some more information about. If anybody knows anything I'd greatly appreciate the help.
It's marked "Federal law prohibits the sale or re use of this bottle" as far as I can make out. Some of the gold is worn off around the ends of the most delicate vines but other than that I can't find any scratches or chips. There are molding lines and some small air bubbles. The glass is slightly green.

Comments

• the bottle pictured actually says "forbids" not prohibits. the I with the circle is the makers mark of the bottle it was produced by the owens-illinios company sometime most likely between 1954 and 1964. the old owens-illinios mark had a diamond and circle around the I they dropped the diamond in 1954. most companies stopped putting the "federal law........" on their bottles in 1964. However it has been documented on bottle up to 1974. as far as what was in it? it was definitely something that would get you tipsy! the logo reminds me of an old lord calverts emblem that I saw the other day reseaching another bottle that looks similar to yours. are there any numbers next to the makers mark that could narrow it down to where your bottle was produced!
  • thanks for the info! there is a number three above the I and letter reads "6157 (logo) 0379" as far as I can make out. I'm not sure if there is a better way to see the numbers as they don't appear to be as raised as the other markings and are a bit hard for me to make out.
  • I think the 3 is the plant number. if so it was made in huntington, WV they opened their plant in 1930 and are still in operation today. if you look at the discussion a little ways down the discussion page that is titled( " I've had this for years and still cant get answers on what it is!") it is the exact same bottle that you have. what are the chances!? oh well still not sure of the brand of liquor that was in it! sorry Icouldn't have help more with that!