I have a old Brown pill bottle with a screw top

edited December 2011 in Question and Answer
I found a old Pill Bottle. I thank it has a screw top with the lid on it. It has some letters and numbers on the bottom of the bottle it is almost a 1 1/2 inches tall. It have's a china sign in the middle on the bottom of the bottle and as 30SB above the china sign. A 8 on the right side os the china sign and 13 on the left side of it. And underneath the china sign it has 82-10 was wondering what it means if you can tell me that will be great

Comments

• What the heck do you mean by "china sign" ???

Some photos would be really helpful
  • I'm not a bottle expert but it appears to have an anchor hocking makers mark on it in the middle. alot of times the numbers to the left or right are year codes and the actual plant that the bottle was produced at! Bottle marks are a really confusing thing to understand unless you have a bottle bible in front of you to look it up. you may try googling anchor hocking bottle marks and find out where it was made and possibly a year. but as to what exactly was in it I have no idea. I am sorry I couldn't be more help, perhaps atleast it will give you a start though.
  • If there are Chinese characters on the bottom (sorry, I cannot tell from photo) then it is unlikely someone will be able to help you.

However, as the previous person suggested, the middle symbol does seem to be an anchor over an "H" which could just be an Anchor Hocking company icon. This company is still in business today. It is a mid-20th century medicine bottle; it may be difficult to get more specific than that.