Owl figural bottle - "antique bottle expert" has never seen this one...

edited December 2011 in Question and Answer
I'm wondering if anyone has any info about this bottle. I contacted an "expert" and he said he has never seen one like this.

Comments

• I have not seen it either, but then again, there are a lot of bottles I have not seen even after 35+ years of collecting.

This is a well made hand blown bottle, it is modern (no more than 50 years, probably less) I have no idea where it was made.

The bottle collector would refer to it generically as a figural bottle.
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm interesting... If you don't mind, could I ask how you determined the age?
  • I am also curious about the value. I would guess being its well made and hand blown it should have some value??
  • Regarding age: experience, character of glass, evenness of glass thickness and opacity, characteristics of pontil mark, characteristics of the lip finish, similarity to manufacture and appearance of 1960s-1980s Clevenger glass. Also the amber tone is very much a modern one...

Value would be in line with that of Clevenger glass products which would be anywhere from $5 to 50 for most pieces (although scarcer and fancier objects fetch more)

If you could pin the manufacture to a person or company, that could help immensely.