Unusual aqua torpedo bottle with handles

edited December 2011 in Question and Answer
I believe that this is a torpedo bottle but none of the ones I have seen or have found on Google have handles like this one.

Comments

• Definitely an oddity. The typical torpedo soda aka Hamilton bottle is different - it was shaped as it was for sturdiness / ability to handle pressure.

The thick glass at the base and the handles are novelties - a mystery!

Is the lip applied? Does the mold seam go all the way up to the top of the lip?
  • I will check the seam. What does "lip applied" mean?
  • The seam goes up to the lip but the lip itself has a separate seam, as though applied separately. The seam in the lip does not line up with the seam on the bottle. I will post some up close pictures of the seam as soon as I can.
  • Yes, I have seen bottles where the lip will have an offset mold seam. It does confirm this is a fairly modern bottle, certainly no more than 70 years old, probably much less.
  • Here are the photos I promised. The first two show the seams in the lip and the third shows the two seams in the center of the bottle.
  • I have an identical bottle. I bought mine at a Thrift Store. Where did you come by this one?