Tips on Identifying marks on Gordon's Gin Bottle

edited August 2018 in Question and Answer
Thought this might be useful to some

Comments

• Thanks for posting this - a thorough research project!

It would be really great to cite the source of your info - I do recognize some of the content from a few sites. Providing links to those sites will help others.
  • edited August 2018
    Sure, most of the comparisons I used to compare to my 1941 1/2 pint in the above came from the following site https://sha.org/bottle/index.htm

The others was by googling the following - bottle Rectifiers list, User Permit lists & Industry liquor bottle plant numbers

In my research, I did not want to solely rely on the Rectifier numbers to Identify the age of the bottle, I wanted to know, what it was of the 41's shape, Mold features, including such as the feature of the kork-N-Seal that was supporting the data,
  • edited August 2018
    Different bottles, that are older than the 41's can lead to other features to be questioned, are a color,Embossing as Slug Plating aka plate mold ,tooling
    including molding processes of the time periods etc.....
  • edited August 2018
    I think there is a story, that is being told in every bottle a forgotten era an array of different characters in that story that inevitably become front and center as in the owners of the distilleries along with the workers of those distilleries,
  • edited August 2018
    I must not forget the artist that help designed the different array of bottles that have been made

• As for me, in the end scheme of it all I just like how looks in the light, I can appreciate the simplicity of whittled amber, smokey clear or green bottle in natural daylight,