Identification of antique bottle

Comments

• Are there any markings on the bottle at all?

Is there any evidence of a mold seam?
  • Markings on three sides beneath the bottle neck, AUSTIN on one side, CUBE on one side, MIXER on one side. The bottle size is 2"x 2"x 2", seams all around and rounded corners. Indented corner directly under bottle neck as seen in first photo and last photo so bottle will stand with neck pointed vertical. Cork stopper and unidentified white powder inside.
  • Very interesting.

Take a look at this 1910 advertisement in Cement World magazine. The date is about right for this bottle.

Cement World, 1910 link on Google Books

I am wondering if your bottle is a promotional item to demonstrate how their cement mixing process works.

Thanks very much for posting. I love historical curiosities like this!
  • :) Thanks Chris, great information find. Don't know why I didn't get the web site on my google queries but nonetheless I have asked the Chicago Construction Historical Society to provide any additional information on the mixer and bottle. I'm sure the bottle belonged to my grandfather who was employed in the construction and trucking industry. He was also a Medical Corpsman in the US Army in the Philippines in 1898. He passed away in 1926.
  • Do let us know if you find out anything more!