Please help identify Federal Law Forbids bottle with tree design

edited March 2018 in Question and Answer
Hello. I’m attaching a few pics of a bottle if you can help me identify. I have a 8” tall, 5-1/2”wide, 2” thick clear glass bottle with 5 ribs on each side. One side has a raised clear leafy tree with an oval circle under it (for Im assuming the maker/brand label). The other side also has a raised clear leafy tree, but a little shorter with embossed “FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR RE-USE OF THIS BOTTLE”. The Trees are similar looking but are different and not from the same mold On the bottom there is an anchor symbol (similar) between the 67 ⚓️ 51. D-9 above the anchor and a 5 below the anchor. The base is 3-5/8”x2” with the above mentioned. If I’m correct, the year is 1951 and the bottler is 67.
Can anyone else give me any information and value? Thanks, jeff

Comments

• Thanks for posting.

I am darn impressed that you were able to add that anchor graphic right into the text :-) That is the manufacturer mark for Anchor Hocking

The D-9 embossing is the clue to identification. It is the Federal Distiller # assigned to a specific company. I have associated D-9 with several brands - by way of finding labeled examples. Those brands include Schenley's Old Quaker Whiskey and Golden Wedding whiskey and Ancient Age whiskey

You may be interested to know that the tree designs on this bottle are similar to those on several 19th century historical flasks