Need help identifying etched Judaica Passover wine bottle

I bought this bottle because it intrigued me. I collect Judaica and know nothing about glass or bottles. Chag HaPesach is written on the bottle in worn gold leaf. Chag HaPesach means Passover in hebrew and Jews traditionally drink four glasses of wine at the Passover meal (seder). I believe the stopper does not go with the bottle. Any idea how old the bottle is and where it was made?

Comments

• Thanks for posting this

It looks like you may have tried to add additional photos. It would be great if you can provide another photo showing the entire bottle - straight-on

• That's interesting. I am unaware of any bottle-collecting category or sub-category of ceremonial bottles. The closest thing I can think of are the holy-water bottles. Do you suppose that such a Passover bottle was a local (family) option to make the ceremony a bit more special?

As to the age of the bottle, describe for us the mold seams (if any). Is the lip finish symmetrical -- that is, is the lip perfectly round? Are the neck rings symmetrical? What is the stippling on the neck and body; is it fired enamel?

• Chris, Here is another photo as requested.

Harry, thanks for your comments and questions. I have seen bottles from Passover wines but never a ceremonial bottle for a Passover seder. None of my Judaica collector friends have seen anything like this. So, it may be possible that this is a unique item.

I don't know enough about bottles to answer them but I will try. I do not see any mold seams. The lip is not perfectly round.The two glass neck rings are not perfectly round either. The blue rings seem to be some sort of glaze.

Does this help?

• Sooo . . . The bottle is hand-blown rather than machine-made. No side seams indicate it was probably mold-blown, then turned in the mold to obliterate the seam marks. (It seems too symmetrical to be free-blown.)
    I don't recognize the decorative techniques involved here, so I'm guessing it is of European origin during the latter half of the 19th Century. Just a guess.

• A Judaica appraiser thinks the bottle is from Bohemia and Moravia and was made in the late 19th century.