What type of bottle is this from Knox glass co

I received this bottle as a gift....I looked up markings found is was manfactured in Jackson Mississippi by Knox glass just curious to see what the bottle was used f

Comments

• Well you have a generic bottle - mid 20th century - could have been used for any number of things
  • Im not sure I was wondering what it was used for... just curious. I know it's by Knox glass
  • It's has the keystone symbol with j in it and a 1 on the bottom
  • In your previous comment, perhaps you meant to type keystone symbol with a K in it and not J. You might clarify this.

But even if we do clarify where the bottle was manufactured, that says nothing about what it was used for. Some companies produce bottles, other companies buy them to use for their products. Rarely, if ever, are they one and the same.

With the absence of any embossing, you are left to find labeled examples to get the answer. However, in the case of your bottle, it is so plain that surely this was used for a variety of products.
  • No it is a keystone symbol with J in it it was manufactured in Jackson, Mississippi by the Knox glass company during the yrs of 1932-1952.
  • Ah, yes, now I am seeing that mark in the Toulouse book on page 271. It is under J and not K, where I had been looking previously.