Dark Puce Bottle Made in China

Hello! I've come across this beautiful looking glass bottle and I haven't been able to find any information or determine a value for it.

It's just shy of 12" tall and is 3" square.

The top doesnt flare in or out and it looks like maybe it's made for a cork.

There is a seam at the lip and runs down the straight part of the neck and stops at the top of the...smaller... bulge (?). It's pretty pronounced at the lip and slowly disappears to the smaller bulge.

At first I thought it's color was Amber, but I held it up to a light and it has a purplish color to it. I compared it to another Amber bottle I have and there is a definite difference. (I included a photo of them). From what I found, it is a dark puce bottle (please correct me if I'm wrong!)

There are (2) panels that have no designs on them and the other two have some kind of design - I'm not even sure what it is (photo included) and I also did a rubbing of it and the "made in china" that's on the bottom of the bottle.

Any information about it and what it might be worth - if anything - would be greatly appreciated! I've been searching for information for (2) days and have not found anything about it or like it.

Comments

• This is a modern bottle, imported as a novelty, and for sale in many retail stores. It has no collector value, though it might look good in a sunny window.
  • Thank you, Harry for the information! It is a really nice looking bottle! :)