S.B. Goff's Indian Vegetable Cough Syrup and Blood Purifier bottle

Hello! I haven't been able to find much information about this particular bottle, but I'd love to know the year it was made and possibly what the formulation was of the medicine at that time. I saw in a couple of forums that this was rare, and a guess at the value would also be appreciated!

Comments

• Thanks for posting this.

I am not familiar with this bottle either but the same company produced the very popular SB Goff's Herb Bitters. That bottle is quite common.

For future reference, what is the embossing on the side panels and what is the height of the bottle?

Condition-wise...are there any chips, flakes or other damage to the bottle? Even minor issues do affect the value....
  • It's about 5.5 to 6 inches tall, and the side panels say 'S.B. Goff" and "Camden , N.J.' No chips, flakes, or cracks that I was able to see. There are some bubbles/ imperfections within the glass, but nothing out of the ordinary for this time period. The bottom is relatively flat, with a bit of a mark that looks like it was from a key mold on the base. I can inspect it better and take some more photos when I get home. I'm excited I found this forum! I have several bottles I'm curious about.
  • No damage as far as I can tell, and some pics of the side panels and bottom
  • You will find a mother lode of info on the Goff company here
    http://njbottles.com/index.php?topic=2325.0

On this page you will notice there are different lip variants of this particular bottle (yes, bottle collectors can spend a lot of time talking about details like this)

They are saying this is not a rare bottle but my hunch is that it is less often found than the Herb Bitters.

Likely a $10-15 bottle, maybe a smidge more but my hunch is that collectors will pay more for the earlier variants...