Federal law Forbids whisky bottle

Recently dug up some old bottles and I have searched the web and can't find all the information I would like to have on this bottle. It is clear glass and embossed with "Federal Law Forbids Sale or Re-Use Of This Bottle" and under that it is embossed "Bottled at Distillery No.16 Shively, Kentucky". On the base of the bottle it has the number 12. The bottom of the bottle has the mark from Owens-Illinois Glass Co. And it has D379
65-40
I'm pretty sure it's from the Stitzel-Weller distillery but not certain. The seam looks as if it goes all the way to the top of the bottle. On the front it is embossed "One Quart" and has a spot under that for what looks as if a label would go there. Can someone please give me specifics about this bottle and the possible time frame/era it came from and if it has any value to it at all. I have a huge bottle collection and do this as a hobby and I'm learning more and more everyday but still a newbie. I am trying to include photos as well. Thank you everyone in advance.

BrandiKat9