Old Arrowhead glass bottles in a wooden crate

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me these 4 Arrowhead and puritas water jugs. They have a metal screw top, partial labels, the Arrowhead and puritas logo embedded on the glass, the number 47 and 706 on the bottom of the jug. I have not been able to locate these anywhere else online and was trying to figure out if they are worth anything to help pay some bills. From what I could find about glass bottles they might be around prohibition era age. If any one knows anything please let me know! And thank you for helping!

Comments

• Hi

Thanks for posting

The bottle manufacture's mark is likely what is shown right in the center of the base, but I cannot make out the mark. Maybe you could do a rubbing of the mark and take a picture of the rubbing? Or just a clearer picture.

Also it would be helpful for other folks to know the exact wording on the side of the bottle.

These date to the mid 20th century. It can be a challenge tracking down information on a particular company. One can search for advertisements or mentions in newspapers. City directories are also helpful if you know the city or state.
  • edited April 2017
    Did you see this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowhead_Water

So now we know...water source is San Bernardino Mountains, bottling plant in Los Angeles. Company still exists today.

I am located on the east coast and am not familiar with the brand..