Dr. Price's bottle and question

edited September 2011 in Question and Answer
Husband found another bottle. A Dr. Price's Delicious Flavoring Extracts bottle from about the same time period (1910-1915ish). I know this bottle is worth $5-$15, depending on the market, but my question is really a little different.

He didn't dig these up like I thought. He's working building a fence in this field where there have been horses for years, trucks driving around and pipeline operations. How is it that 100 year old bottles are just lying, in-tact, in super condition, on top of the ground?

Comments

• I am sure many antique bottle diggers can relate similar stories to this one: I clearly remember my friend Peter digging up an old surface dump between a road and a stone wall years ago. It was an early pre-1850 trash pile which was dumped right on top of rocks. Near the end of this multi-day dig, he lifted up a stone and found a hand blown food bottle made of paper thin glass. It was wedged between rocks but somehow remained intact for over 100 years.

I have found a few modern bottles out in our cow pasture which had been certainly heavily trod upon by cattle, yet they also survived....