Glass emblem ID help: An E inside of a C with a crown ontop

Hi! I have two bottles that I'd love to know more about. Both have the raised glass emblem of a capital E inside of a capital C with a crown ontop. Heavy thick glass. One is a brownish green and the other is more olive green. One is slightly larger than the other and has a pouring lip. Both have deeply inverted bottoms. There are subtle "wrinkles" in the sides and just a hint of a straight seam. They were found at a tag sale in a Philadelphia suburb. Thank you!

Comments

• Nice man. Did you dig them?
  • Very, VERY interesting. You will find a bunch of discussions here on this forum regarding Jamestown glass reproductions. These may be a Jamestown item possibly, but they are not quite like anything I have seen.

It would appear both bottles are machine made what with the mold seams and the markings on the base. However, I am thinking these may be modern wine bottles that were put in the kiln and heated and then reworked....that is reshaped with paddles, a hand tooled lip was applied and then finally the glass seal was added.

These are definitely modern pieces which are meant to imitate 17th or 18th century black glass.

The form here is more or less a chestnut shape - am not sure there are any known examples of sealed chestnut-shaped bottles.
  • Link to the Jamestown Glass products available for sale.

http://www.eparks.com/store/home/1191/Jamestown-Glass/