Amber/brown 7 up bottle

imageimageimage
I'm looking for help in determining the value of this bottle. From what I've found out so far it looks like 1930-40s. It has been well care for on a shelf in my grandfathers shop.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• Hi and welcome

Thanks for posting the photos.

Most 7-up bottles are green so your amber bottle which is incidentally marked 7-UP TEXAS CORP. HOUSTON TEXAS is an earlier bottle which fairly scarce.

They command $75-125 in the current market.

Condition is really really important. Minor details matter. Chips, wear, bruises, tiny areas of missing or worn paint on the ACL label all detract from value.

I would say selling on ebay is about as good a place as anywhere. Be sure to post really clear photos which show all the details of the glass surface.

• edited July 2016
    Two other things:

(1) That's an Owens-Illinois manufacture mark on the base.

(2) Sure looks like there is a chip along the base edge. If so, this really does hurt the value. I am attaching a slightly larger/clearer photo of the base which was in a (now deleted) duplicate post..
  • Thank you. I am just learning how to post on this forum, I'm hoping to add some more items once I unpack them. Apparently my grandfather loved bottles. yes, there is a chip I'm guessing. It is odd though, It is smooth almost like it is suppose to be there. I'm sure it isn't just surprised how smooth it is. Thank you so much for the info. I have been posting some of my other finds on Ebay, so I will add this to it. Thank you again.....so glad to find this group.