Help identifying please!!

I'm not looking for a price quote just help identifying what I might or might not have. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi and welcome

What this would like to be is a 19th century pattern molded globular bottle. These were made in midwestern glasshouses. One of these in a blue color would be exceedingly rare and valuable.

However, this is a modern remake of such a bottle - it is not particularly old and not as refined as the originals. Sometimes it can be darn difficult to tell whether one is "right" or not...takes some comparative study.

Below is a photo of an original from a recent American Glass Gallery auction.
  • I figured as much, wishful thinking! I suppose the same is true for this one as well?
  • Is it just me or is this the same bottle??
  • It is really hard to explain in words how the modern ones vary from the originals. One can generalize and say that the modern pieces have a exaggerated handmade-ness, sometimes the glass has more in the way of impurities and bubbles and often the modern pieces have a subtle lack of refinement.
  • It's a different bottle, this one has many more bubbles and the lip is a little different. They both are about 6" tall the second is more globular like than the first. Both have some debris in the glass as well, which I'm guessing could happen regardless of when it was made. Thanks a bunch for your help!
  • Sorry, I believe this one has a few more ribs and the pattern is tighter as well.