Great Bottle Mystery

This discussion was created from comments split from: Need help with age or any info on this bottle.

Comments

• Sry I'm new here and have no idea how to start a discussion. I am trying to find out if anyone knows of any bottles that would have been identified by a physical address, it sounds crazy to me and I thought it was a conincidence when I found the first bottle but then after I found a couple more and two of three had my address. I can't help but think it was something controlled and it's how they kept track of it maybe? How many people can say they were digging on their property or what was apart of their property and found multiple bottles with their address. My house was built in 1820 and is linked to the Hancock family through marriage which I'm still sorting and figuring out but I know for certain it was built in 1820 in the other side of Hancock's resolution aka john.Hancock family home
  • It's not uncommon for 19th century bottles to have an address as part of the embossing, esp. if the bottle was made to be reused (think soda and mineral water)

Post some photos of the bottles so we can continue the discussion!