Lincoln Lithia Bottle

Hi All, I have a bottle that I'd be interested in knowing about. I got it from my mother who apparently dug it up in the garden. It is a larger bottle, about 10-11" high. Must be a liter. It's a blue-green tint and has "Lincoln Lithia Water" embossed on it. It has a clear seam down the sides, but no cracks or chips that I can see. I tried to take a picture but my camera isn't too good. If I need to I can try again in the morning when the light is better! I did come across this bottle:: http://www.antiquebottles.com/southeast/pics/Lincoln.jpg but it is not the same as mine. The shape is the same, but the embossing is different. That one has more words, whereas my bottle has the word "Water" written right underneath the Lincoln Lithia and nothing else that I can make out.

From my internet research, all I can figure out is that there is a "Lithia Spring Rd." in Lincolnton, NC. and best I can assume from that is that there was, at one point, a spring there and they bottled water and that's where my bottle originated. I guess my question is 1) is this bottle worth hanging on to, or should I throw it back out in the cornfield? and 2)if it is worth hanging on to, how do I best get it in the hands of someone who will appreciate it? Should I try to clean it up somehow? I'm worried I'll damage it.

Thanks so much for your help!

Comments

• Hi - Your bottle definitely has value, esp. given what may be an unusual embossing variation. Collectors like that.

You should be able to clean it up enough with soap and water - just be careful not to use very hot or very cold water. A good soaking will also help loosen up the dirt.

Post a photo if you can.
  • Yes, that is a nice bottle. I would certainly purchase from you if you are interested.