Antique Wine Decanter Set

edited July 2011 in Question and Answer
I am looking for any information I can get on this Wine Set. It has the decanter and six glasses. It appears like it is completly hand painted and crafteed. Nothing is painted the same and the glass is not completly cemetrical. I could not find any symbols or signatures to identify the glass. Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• Likely is Bohemian glass, a precursor to Depression glass from the late 19th/ early 20th century. Made in eastern Europe - Czechoslovakia and elsewhere.

Was mass-produced and often given away as gifts in this country. I have read that decanter sets with glasses as well as toiletry bottle sets were commonly given away as gifts at fairs and carnivals.
  • Thank You, Thats great. I have been trying to learn what ever I can. A friend of mine had asked me if I would research it for her. She had no idea what she had or if it had any value. Do you have any idea in what I should tell her concerning how to put a value on something like this.
  • There is not a whole lot of demand. One might get $25 to $50, but even that can be optimistic.

This glass was mass-produced and there is a lot of it still out there.