Help with age & relative value of spire-topped decanter?

I'm hoping someone can tell me more about this spire-topped ruby decanter.
It measures about 22 inches to the top of the stopper.
It is of an opaque ruby color; the spire stopper is clear.

The bottom has what I believe is an open? pontil and appears to be etched or ground-in with some type of signature.

I have been unable to decipher it.

Does anyone have an idea of this decanter's age? country of origin? relative value?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hmmm, not entirely sure that stopper goes with this decanter, but maybe. The scale of it seems too big.

The base shows a polished pontil and this decanter appears to be ruby-flashed over clear. Am fairly sure this is Bohemian glass (of Czech or other Eastern European country origin)

Dates to later 19th century.
  • Chris,

Thank you.
    I didn't think it would be called "flashed" however due to the fact that it appears that if broken, it would be that red/maroon/wine color throughout....
    In my mind, "flashed" is what I had known as a ruby outer but when etched or cut, it would be clear.

Would an item be "flashed" after the pontil were polished, and after a word or name were ground into the underside?

BTW, thanks for putting up with a novice as myself!

• Oh, you are right - I just looked again at the third photo and see that this is not flashed. The entire glass batch is the red color. The 4th and 5th images misled me into thinking I was seeing clear glass.