Lil help

Hello, my daughter and I found a small jar/bottle out in the woods and we were just trying to find out a little info. Use/age. From what I've found, it's an Owens Illinois production and if I read the table right it's circa 1930's?
But I've never seen a mouth like this one before (not that I have a lot of glass experience). imageimageimage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• Hi Philip.

This comes from the SHA.org website..

"Lug type external thread: The lug type external thread finish is a variation of the interrupted external thread where the ridges are shorter, higher, and thicker; they are also referred to as and "interrupted thread" by White (1978). This particular type of finish was also called a "duplex" by some bottle makers (Obear-Nestor 1922; Fairmount Glass 1930s). The machine-made cobalt blue lug finish to the right is on a Bromo-Seltzer bottle manufactured in the 1940s or 1950s. The lug "bumps" on this bottle are very short and distinct. Lugs can vary widely depending on the manufacturer and type of bottle. This type of thread was first used at least as early as 1906 in the form of the "Amerseal" cap/lug finish on wide mouth food bottles and similar narrow necked versions were being offered by bottle makers in the 1920s for peroxide bottles (Obear-Nester Co. 1922; Lief 1965). Like the other types of external thread finishes noted here, the lug type saw much wider application after about 1930.