mystery 19th? century glass pitcher

Hello. My name is Cathy Piehl. I stumbled across your web site while trying to research a 19th century(?) glass pitcher that a friend of mine acquired recently. I have searched and searched for information on this item and keep running into dead ends. I was hoping you could help me try to identify the piece,when it was made and who may have manufactured it. It is a 1850-1913(?) mouth blown pitcher (no seems) with an applied solid glass handle, beautiful whittling and either a sand or disc pontil mark on the base that has been smoothed over. There are a few vertical elongated air/gas bubbles in the glass and it has a very soft aqua tint to it. It has vertical tooling from the shoulder to the rim and the rim has been tool rolled inward giving it a nice smooth finish and the pour spout is hand pinched. I have attached several pictures to try to help with the identification. I believe it is an American made piece, but I am not versed enough in the antique glass to know for sure. Any information, or if you know of where I might be able to get information, would be so helpful. It is in mint condition and such a beautiful piece that it would be nice to know more about it. If it is worth it, I may have you do an appraisal after I find out more about it.

Thank you so much,

Cathy Piehl

Comments

• Hi Cathy,
    This is a modern piece, let's say later 20th century. Could be American made but could also have been produced in other countries.

Chris