My Great Grandfather,Joseph A Magnus: Murray Hill Club and His Other Brands.

I realize I just reached out on the 23rd, but, I really would love to hear from anyone who has any Jos. A Magnus & Co bottles they would be willing to consider selling: I am interested in any bottles but, especially any with labels. Murray Hill Club was his flagship brand.

The company used the brand names:
"Apollo Club Rye", "Asa Holt", "Bob Taylor", "Bonnie Brook", "Golden Rule", "Lover's Delight", "Magnus Horseshoe", "Magnus Private Stock", "Magnus XXX", "Maximus", "Murray Hill Club", "Police", "Royal Seal", "Sand Mountain", "Seth Wakefield", "Tom Boone's Old Randolph", "Uncle Bob", "Vigilant", and "Ye Olde Tavern Fine Rye."

My interest has become passion since 2007 when I really learned of his business. Other than 2 of my bottles my wife bought in 2009-2010, my collection has taken shape since late 2013. I just joined Historic Glasshouse and I hope to find different bottle types and brands.

Thanks for any help out there.

Jimmy Turner

Comments

• Jimmy, Welcome to the forum. I am sure you are aware of the great resource at pre-pro.com and of course such bottles turn up on ebay from time to time. And might I suggest attending some bottle shows??

Good luck with collecting!
  • No bottle but I have a silver plated flask of Murray Hill Club. There is a trade mark with the name “Magnus” underneath and has the name Jos A Magnus & Co dated 1903.