Blown bottle Found at Thrift Shop.. decanter?

I found this nice looking decanter like bottle at a thrift shop. To me it looks like a blown 2 piece molded bottom with a hand blown stem and applied top. Any idea what year this bottle could be? Is it worth anything?

Comments

• I forgot to add that there are no distinctive markings. Thanks!!
  • Welcome to the forum.

Nice find. A decanter would be far more refined than this, that is far more precisely manufactured and probably in clear glass.

Your bottle was probably made for a food product of some kind. Collectors know this by the many similar shaped examples, some of which have survived with labels. I am guessing yours is about 8" tall or so. As for age, it would be later 19th century. It is most likely American, but I will hold out at least some possibility that it may be of British manufacture.

This is a particularly attractive example with all of its hand blown irregularity. Collectors really like that.
  • Wow! Thanks for all the info! You were right on about the height. Im going to try to find information about similar bottles now that I know where to start. Thanks again, Ryan