Ball and Claw Bitters reproduction bottle

I have one of these in the amythest color, no cork, but in great condition. Found it several years ago at my grandparents' old farm house. Just now decided to research it. I know the value of these is only around $10, but I was wondering what time period these reproductions were made? And if I hold onto it long enough, could it increase in value even though a reproduction? Thank you!

Comments

• Hi

Wheaton Glassworks produced "reproduction" bottles during the later 1960s and 1970s. They are fairly plentiful.

They are not exactly reproductions in that the bottles are similar in spirit but not identical to original examples; the glass colors, embossing and sizes are not the same as the 19th century bottles on which they are based.

I have been collecting for over 35 years and have watched prices of some reproduction glass grow quite a bit. Look at the market values of some of the EG Booz bottles for example.

It is hard to say where value will go long-term for 20th century bottles. I am not sure it will increase in value like the best 19th century (and earlier) glass has, but I it is likely there will always be some interest.