Looking for a date and any information on flea market purchase

I have never really come into contact with any old bottles before, but I was out over the weekend and I saw a nice 1970's era Pepsi swirl bottle and while I was waiting on the vendor to get through with another passer by, I saw another curious bottle and wound up buying the pair of them for $3.

I put the Miller High Life bottle next to it for size comparison. I filled the bottle in question with tea because the contrast helped with some of the details. The Miller bottle is empty because it is delicious. :)

Bottle

Here is a shot of the lip. From the picture it looks like there is a crack, but that is actually a seam (for lack of a better word) that runs all around the lip/neck area.

Bottle lip

This shot is of a trail of internal bubbles that goes up the bottle diagonally. There are also some other imperfections in the manufacturing -- a couple of 'slit'-looking things on the neck.

Bottle bubbles

Here is the best picture I could get with my phone of the bottom. There is a very smooth pontil mark about a quarter of an inch across, and some sort of grainy imperfections around that.

Bottle bottom

Finally, there is this shot of the neck which shows some of the residue that goes halfway down the neck and did not come off easily with soap and water as the rest of the gunk on the inside and out did:

Bottle neck

Some other observations:

* Though the bottle is taller and wider than the High Life bottle, it holds about an ounce less of liquid. It is also at least three times the weight of the High Life.

* The bottle is about as symmetrical as I would expect from what I assume is a pretty old piece

Any help I could get as to date and/or value would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if it matters, but I am located in Macon, Georgia.

Comments

• Wow. To be drinking a beer outside....no snow on the ground. Amazing. It got above zero today... for a bit.

I do not think the base has a pontil mark but it does have an applied lip and was made in the 3rd quarter of the 19th century. It is hard to tell but I think it has fluted panels on the neck?

My guess is that this is a food or sauce bottle of some sort, based on similar examples that I have seen over time which have labels.

Could have been made in any number of places.