Medicine Bottle with "MB" mark, unusual and rare?

Hello, my first post here...I found this medicine bottle with a very rare mark. I say rare because I cannot find anything comparable and zero information. Can someone help identify the bottle, manufacturer, or both?

Comments

• Thanks for posting this.

When one flips through the pages of Bottle Makers and Their Marks, one sees a number of variations of marks for a given company. This may be one such unrecorded variation. Muncie Glass Co which has a documented mark of "MB Co." might have used MB. It is a possibility.

• Hi, thanks for the reply. I did check out Muncie Glass but their fonts were not close. The stylized "B" which looks more like a script font is the kicker. I can't find any mention or even anything comparable anywhere online. But you are probably right about the variations...

Regards,

bdjwayne

• Hi bdjwayne - I know it’s been a while since this post, but wondering if you ever found out more info. I found the exact same bottle today and am also coming up empty.

Thanks,

LC

• Hello , I just found the same bottle have you found any info on yours because I can't seem to find anything

• My "truffle" dog (joke) just dug this SAME bottle up in the backyard. (his second such find) I am in south Arkansas. My house was built in 1911, I'm assuming they burned their trash and this is a survivor. Other bottle was a WD40 but before it was branded WD40. From appx. 1930's. This one, i'm not so sure. I'm going to look into Muncie glass more and see what I can find out. - r.e.d.

• https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/MarionFlintGlassCo.pdf Page 25 of the PDF going into page 26. Seems the MB may have a few different looks. Mine is sloppy but they are definitely speaking about out bottle. Marion Bottle Company.