Old antique wine bottle??

Came across this, the information from various sources is that it is a wine bottle or soda bottle. Hand blown and quite a thin glass. Wondered if anyone could possible date it for me??

Comments

• Came across this, the information from various sources is that it is a wine bottle or soda bottle. Hand blown and quite a thin glass. Wondered if anyone could possible date it for me?? forgot to mention it has no seam.
  • Hello and welcome

I have seen a number of modern wine bottles in this shape. It would be necessary to see some clear shots of the bottle to help you. In specific, I would need to clearly see the details of the lip/mouth and the general glass character.

Make use of the macro setting on your camera if it has one. Also consider indirect (cloudy or shade) outdoor lighting.

Chris
  • Thanks Chris, will do that now for you.
  • Thanks Chris, will do that now for you.
  • Does it make any difference to know we found it in an old cottage (vacated at least 50 years ago) in Corfu, Greece?? Photo of lip/mouth attached. Will take a photo outside tomorrow to hopefully give you some more ideas.........first pic to give you an idea that its pretty long necked. pic 2 to show you the lip, pic 3 is the base.