Thatcher Milk Bottle

Im new to this but I picked up a bottle at thrift store the other day. On lip of bottle it reads: A BOTTLE OF MILK IS A BOTTLE OF HEALTH. At base of bottome it reads: HALF PINT LIQUID mTc SEALED 1-11-14. On the bottom it has a L on one side & S on other & a circle with the numbers 35 in it. Both sides of bottle has a very light acl lettering. One side says: Enjoy Angelene Ice Cream "All flavors meet with flavor" the other side says: Drink More Blu'Ribon Pasturized Milk "It's safe". I tried to research & the only thing I know at this point is that it is Thatcher Milk Company. If anyone could give me some info it would be greatly appreaciated.

Comments

• Also the Blu Ribon isn't missing any letters
  • Welcome to the forum

Can you post some photos?
  • As I said the writing is very light, hope you can see some of them
  • Various observations:

- The painted label (ACL) markings on the bottle are quite faded. The fading appears to be uniform so the bottle probably was buried or was out in the sun for a long time.

- The chipping on the base shown in picture 3 hurts the value of the bottle considerably. It's fairly substantial damage by bottle collectors' standards.

- The round mark on the base is a valve mark, which is the result of the machine manufacture of the bottle. This indicates a 20th century manufacture.

- Being a half pint, it held cream, not milk.

- Not sure which state this is from. You might search around on ebayimage (perhaps search for "thatcher bottle" or "thatcher half pint bottle") to see if you can dig up similar bottles or at least from same dairy.

- Note that there are 1001 reproductions of a large bottle marked Thatcher. Most, if not all reproductions, are marked with an image of a man milking a cow. Originals of this particular bottle are very valuable. However, I scanned ebay quickly yesterday and did see a few that may have been from the same dairy.

HTH

Chris
  • Thank you very much for the info!