Approximately 1,500 bottle collection for sale.

I started digging dumps behind farms along river banks in the mid 1960's. Over the years I just boxed and shelved them. Being 85 years old we are considering downsizing and so it is time to eliminate items. A couple months ago I got them out of the barn and cleaned years of dust and cobwebs off them. I have canning jars/lglass lids/pottery lids, all kinds of beer, whiskey, soda, medicine, home use varieties. Blue glass, amber glass, green glass, sick glass, brown glass, black glass, ink bottles, white/cold cream bottles, two fire grenade bottles, Lots of local Fort Wayne, Indiana pharmacy cork top medicine bottles. The majority of the bottles are cork top, blob top, applied top, etc:, At present time I have no pictures of them as I covered all of them with tote lids, tarps or anything I had available to keep dust off as much as possible. I know of a website (must be fairly local) that posts about wanting to buy a few of the local bottles I have but I don't want to sell pick and choose .... I want to sell them all. It is not possible for me to go through all the boxes and list/describe or photograpgh each and every bottle. For anyone to be able to give a fair offer, NO LOWBALLS, it is goigt to take a good day to go through them all to see what is there and, if purchasing them, it is going to take a large van or trailer to haul them all. I have a 12 foot utility trailer and it was filled end to end 2 high. Would like reccomendations for selling. Ebay? Marketplace? Auction? I live in Northeast Indiana.

Comments

• No responses from anyone so subscribers on this website must just be disinterested gawkers. Will null and void this post and my subscription. Two different out of state buyers recently bought $675 worth of bottles from post on competitor website so will stick with that one. 👎️

• I just started doing this myself. Love the rush of finding a bottle. Would love to see the collection! How can we do this?