Info needed Re: two 1/2 pint Baltimore glass works flasks

edited February 2023 in Question and Answer

Hello glad to become part of this group. I had recently acquired these two 1/2 pint flasks. I used to collect back in 1970-1990 and just got back into the hobby. But sadly all my reference book are 1970's and out of date.

So I need help confirming age and approx value of these two flasks. I know one is Baltimore Glass works.

Due to the Banner stating Baltimore glass works with an anchor below it LOL !

First Flask :

1/2 pint pictural aqua/ corn flower blue? non pontiled flask. It has a sheared lip with a collar band approximately 1/4 inch down from the lip. It stands 6 inches tall and is 3.5 inches at the widest part if the shoulder and 1.5 inches x 2.7/8 inches at the base. The mold seam from the collar band down and across the slightly indented base.

The pictural panels are: Diagonal anchor and rope with ribbon banner above and below. The upper ribbon states " Baltimore " The lower ribbon is attached to the anchor rope and states "Glassworks"

On the obverse panel is a wheat bushel with a rake and pitchfork X'ed under the Bushel.

The flask is damage free but does show some glass mineralization inside.

Second flask:

1/2-pint pictural aqua pontiled flask. It has a sheared lip. It stands 6 inches tall and is 4 inches at the widest part if the shoulder and 11/4 inches x 2.5/8 inches at the base. The mold seam goes from the mid neck down to base and treminates. the base is flush and slightly indented at the pontil. I belive this is also a Baltimore glass works based on the schooner motif found online with another Baltimore glass works flask.

The pictural panels are: single masted schooner gaf rigged main sail with a jig, and ocean surface.

On the obverse panel is a snow flake or 8 peddled daisy?

The flask is damage free with beautiful glass whittling.

Thank you for any assistance the can be offered and if there is a catalogue designation.

All the Best, Oldsdigger

Comments

• Thanks for posting, sorry that I could not respond sooner but have been simply very busy.

The Baltimore Glass Works flask is either a GXIII-49, -50 or -51 each mold with just slight variants. You will not find a value difference in these molds for aqua. It's a $200ish flask if undamaged.

The Sailing Sloop - Star flask is a McKearin GX-8 and these are, as McKearin lists them, somewhat scarce. Also a $200ish flask

Hope this is helpful.