Old “u7p” 7up bottle, maybe 1923?

Hello all,

I have had this old 7-Up bottle sitting on my hot water heater for the last 20 years. I’m unable to find any information online. The marking on the neck of the bottle is u7p, the number on the bottom is 23 logo 3 and it has a 32 oz capacity. If it has value, it needs a good home.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• I have two of the very exact same bottles can't find them anywhere else but here. Did you happen to find out anything about them?

• Howdy

I don't know if the discussion about this 7up bottle is still active, but if it is I have some observations and questions about it. I will wait and see if anyone responds before continuing.

Thanks - I hope to hear from someone eventually - especially member Delmarvelous if he/she is still around.

• @7down

This bottle was manufactured by Owens-Illinois - you can research the codes on the bottom of the bottle using this article: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/OwensIllinois2015.pdf

• Thanks, Chris. I didn't get a notification that you posted a comment and just now realized that you did. If that is a dot next to the 3 on the right side then I would say it's a 1943 bottle. If it isn't a dot, then 1933. Definitely made at the Owens-Illinois plant #23 in Los Angeles, Ca.

7down / Bob

• P.S.

I forgot to include this enhanced photo of the base. Looks like a dot next to the 3 to me but I'm not 100% sure.