Photo Size Limits?

edited March 2012 in How to
Is there a size limit to photos. I am trying without success (I had success on my first post) to upload 125 and 117 kb images.

Comments

• Not much of a limit at all.

This picture of the Lydia Pinkham factory building is straight off the camera and is a huge 3MB. It uploaded just fine...but do note that during the upload, the server resizes the image and makes it smaller (I wrote a script to do that)

Are you clicking the "Attach a File" link, then clicking the Browse button?
  • If you are getting an error message, please provide a screen capture or the exact text of the error.
  • I am doing it, yes. The task waiting bar just keeps whizzing...no error messages at all. I was able to attach images on my first post, no problems at all.
  • Which browser? Win or Mac? Version/info of browser?
  • The photo has to upload to the server so, depending on the file size on your computer and your internet connection speed, this may take quite some time.

It is also entirely possible that the upload script does not work with older browser versions, esp. Internet Explorer 6 or earlier.
  • Windows version. Latest edition explorer. Like I said. I uploaded on my Whiz Motor Rythm question. I simply have no idea why I cannot on my new question.
  • But I sure do appreciate the input and suggestions. Thanks for those. Cheers.
  • It's a mystery. Two things I would try:

(1) Clear the cache in Internet Explorer. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and choose "Internet options"

and

(2) Try a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox. I have provided software support for years and have seen regular problems with upload/download in IE.
  • meh..I give up. It is what it is, as I have learned that in life. But hopefully you will take a look at my recent post about a new bottle! Thanks for sure.