Need to know what kind of bottle I have and possible value?

I have a bottle that is exactly like the one in the top left corner of the homepage of this site. It is brown and loks to be like George Washington. He is IDENTICAL to the brown bottle that is to the left of the header, "Historic Glasshouse" at the top of this page. Can anyone tell me what kind of bottle this is and maybe how old or the value? I am including a picture with this post.

Thanks in advance,,,

Comments

• This is the Simon's Centennial Bitters.

As you might guess from the name, the originals were made as a product for centennial celebrations in 1876.

There are however many,many, many reproductions and imitations, both faithful and poor facsimile to the original mold. Clevenger Glassworks in southern New Jersey made many reproductions in a variety of colors.

Despite what you say, I do not believe yours is identical. Start with the mouth - the original has double collared lip and yours has a tapered collar. However, I would like to see a clearer photo to help you further with identification.

Reproductions are collectible and most would sell in the $5 to 50 range. Originals sell in the 2-3 thousand range (if perfect)